Sport Walking or Running for Weight Loss?
There are many reasons why people start running or walking: to stay slim, boost energy,improve mood, and stave off sickness or just to escape long trainings at the gym.
There are so many debates between runners and walkers.
There are so many arguments for and against sport walking and running.
But when you’re trying to lose weight, there are additional factors to consider. Make sure you know all the facts before you decide what exercise to choose for weight loss. What are these factors? Start reading now!
Benefits of Sport Walking for Weight Loss…
Some of the benefits include:
- Increase cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Improve management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint, and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
- Make stronger bones
- Do ruin the joints
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
- Reduce body fat
Benefits of Running for Weight Loss
Some of the benefits include:
- Help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Burn plenty of kilojoules
- Help to maintain a healthy weight
How to train?
Warm your body before and after you start running or walking.
How? Do simple stretching exercises so you will prepare your muscles to work and will avoid some injuries. The best way to warm up is to start walking slowly. Start each walk at a leisurely pace to give your muscles time to warm up, and then pick up the speed for sport walk or running.
It’s best to dress lightly when you do physical activity.
Dressing too warmly can increase sweating and build up body temperature, which can make you uncomfortable during a walk or run. A gradual cool-down will also prevent muscular stiffness and injury.
Footwear for sport walking and running?
Walking and running is a low-cost and effective form of exercise.
However, the wrong type of shoe can cause foot or shin pain, blisters, and injuries. Make sure your shoes are comfortable, with appropriate heel and arch supports.
It is very important because runners impact the ground with three times their body weight with each step, while walkers impact with only one and a half times their body weight. Runners need more cushioning in the heel and forefoot than walkers.
Safety suggestions while exercising!
Running and sport walking is one of the safest sport but read some safety suggestions to avoid injures :
- See your doctor for a medical check-up before starting a new fitness program, particularly if you are aged over 40 years!
- Choose walks that suit your age and fitness level.
- Wear sunglasses, sunscreen, long sleeves, and a hat to avoid sunburn.
- Take waterproof clothing to avoid getting wet if it rains.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after your walk. If you are taking a long walk, take water with you.
- Done forget to warm your body before and after exercising!
How to get better results?
To get a better result think about what you want to achieve from running or sport walking.
Issues to consider may include:
- Getting fit
- General fitness
- Weight loss
What is better?
Both walking and running provide benefits for weight loss and improve overall health. The best exercise for weight loss is the one that you do regularly. What matters most is consistency, no matter whether you’re walking or running.
So it is up to you what to choose!
BurnMyFatFast.com main goal is to help you achieve your fitness goals! Be with us!
Read more about Nordic Walking for Weight Loss!