Are Fresh Juices So useful?
Many of us find that drinking freshly squeezed fruit juices are a good way to get a megadose of vitamins.
But is it true? And how do these fresh juices affect our blood sugar and insulin levels?
Freshly squeezed fruit juices have become the basis of many diets – especially for those people who do not have enough time to take care of their food, but are worried about the problems of a healthy diet.
Fruit fresh juices also help to lose weight and cleanse the body, remove toxins.
All this, naturally, makes the juice business very prosperous and very profitable.
For example, the global market for fruit and vegetable juices was valued at USD 157 billion in 2020 and is expected to continue to grow.
The Truth of Fresh Juices?
Fructose (a naturally occurring sugar) can be found in all fruits and fruit juices. It is unlikely to harm your health – unless it contributes to the consumption of excess calories.
The fiber contained in any fruit is preserved intact, and the sugar contained in it is enclosed in the cells of the fruit.
Therefore, our digestive system takes time to digest these cells, after which fructose finally enters the bloodstream.
But this is not connected with juice!
Most of the fiber has been removed from fruit juice.
That is why – unlike fruits – fructose in juices is ranked among free sugars, exactly the same as those found, for example, in honey or added to food.
The World Health Organization recommends that adults consume no more than 30 gr of added sugar (equivalent to 150 ml of fruit juice) daily.
The problem is that the fructose from the juice (since the fiber is removed) is processed faster by the body.
Sudden spikes in blood sugar levels cause the pancreas to release insulin to restore it to a stable level.
Over time, this mechanism can wear out, thereby increasing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
In addition, fresh juices do not contain healthy fats that are needed to transport vitamins inside our body (such as vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are important for hormone production, as well as for bone and nervous system health).
Even in smoothies, due to the heating of the blender blades, the useful mass of fiber is oxidized, so a number of nutrients are destroyed faster.
How can Fresh juices be rehabilitated by making them a full-fledged source of useful components?
Nutritionist explain: If you need a quick but balanced meal, you can make a smoothie. To do this, you can mix in a blender:
- As a source of fiber, vitamins and minerals – any combination of fruits / berries / vegetables / herbs to your taste.
- As a source of fiber and slow carbohydrates – slow cooked oats / buckwheat / bean sprouts, etc.
- Source of healthy fats – Greek yogurt / nuts / seeds / oils.
- Protein source – flaxseed / Greek yogurt / cottage cheese / peanut butter / protein powder / nuts, etc.
Eating a smoothie does not replace the need for solid meals throughout the day. In other words, don’t go to extremes and replace all your meals with smoothies.
If we talk about freshly squeezed juices in a balanced diet for a healthy person, they do not pose any danger, but only benefit.
However, if we go to extremes and talk about various juice diets or the so-called juice cleansing, then juices and such cleansing itself carry a number of risks:
- Significant fluctuations in blood sugar levels are dangerous for people with diabetes and disorders of carbohydrate metabolism.
- Restricting the intake of dietary fiber during cleansing with juices – negatively affects the intestines.
- Inadequate intake of essential fatty acids. Often, during the juice cleanse, fatty foods, even those that are good for health, are completely removed from the diet. If a healthy person is often comfortable with such fluctuations in fat intake, this can lead to health problems.
- Electrolyte imbalance – can cause dangerous conditions associated with high fluid intake and low intake of minerals that the body needs to transmit nerve impulses.
- Eating disorder, inclusion in the diet-overeating cycle.
BurnMyFatFast.com main goal is to help you achieve your fitness goals! Be with us!