Table of Contents
Does Sleep Affect Weight Loss? 7 Answers “HOW”…
If you are trying to lose weight,a good night’s sleep might help you! How?
Sleep is a recovery process that is important for maintaining the psychological, emotional, and physical health of every human.
Interesting fact: A chronically sleep-deprived person consumes on average almost 40% more calories per day than is required. Sleep has a direct effect on the hormones of the body, and its lack leads to an increase in hunger during the day.
Our bodies are created in a way that it is easier for them to absorb food during the day when we are most active. At night time, the digestion process, like all other physiological processes, slows down and that’s why eating before bedtime is a bad idea so far.
Also, with a lack of sleep, a person is more likely to choose food with a high content of carbohydrates and fats. In this state, it’s hard for the brain to say «NO» because the thirst for junk food does not have impulse control.
It is also interesting to know that Canadian studies found that people who slept more than nine hours were more likely to be overweight than those who slept six to eight hours.
Excessive sleep disrupts the biological cycle of the body, which can cause side effects: a high risk of stroke and impaired fertility.
Sleep and women’s beauty! Does Sleep Affect Female Weight Loss More?
Not everyone knows that female beauty is connected to 23 hours of the evening. This is exactly the time when you need to fall asleep already.
During this period, a cascade of biochemical reactions starts several important hormones that are synthesized at night and have several effects. For example, the hormone melatonin is produced from 23 to 01.00 at night.
This hormone is produced in complete darkness and has a powerful lipolysis and regenerative effect.
And if at this time of the day we do not sleep, then we are depriving ourselves of such a strong fat-burning and anti-aging effect.
For the “sleep and lose weight” method to start working, you need to achieve a full night’s sleep. To do this, you need to follow a few simple but important rules…
Does Sleep Affect Weight Loss?
- Avoid drinking alcohol 5 hours before bedtime. If you are still smoking, do not smoke at least a couple of hours before bedtime because nicotine strongly excites the nervous system.
- Exercise regularly, better in the morning rather than at bedtime. If you go to the gym in the evening, try not to lean on strength exercises, it is better to do swimming, light aerobics, etc.
- Do not eat heavy, spicy, sweet foods before night time. Only a light snack before bedtime is allowed.
- Products with caffeine (chocolate, cola, for example) can be consumed no later than 3-4 hours before bedtime.
- Try to go to bed at the same time every day, and on weekends too. For an adult, sleep should last 7-7.5 hours. I would say that the less you sleep, the more your genes will affect your weight for the worse.
- Never deal with working issues before going to bed. Don’t make any corrections in your reports, don’t check your working mail. Spend a quiet evening. Thoughts of your strict boss and deadlines will make it too difficult to fall asleep.
- Don’t eat in front of the TV or your smartphone! Concentrate on your food!
Why? Systematically eating food in front of the TV or computer – it does not matter, you miss the most important signals of satiety. That’s because the action taking place on the screen or monitor has captured your attention.
Now you know how sleep affects weight loss!
BurnMyFatFast.com main goal is to help you achieve your fitness goals! Be with us!
Read more about Healthy Smoothies for breakfast and Burn Fat Fast Workout!
Read more How sleep affects weight loss!