Table of Contents
Oatmeal Porridge and Weight Loss?
Is Oatmeal Porridge for weight loss useful and effective? Why is oatmeal porridge good? What cereals to buy and how to eat it?
Why oatmeal is effective for weight loss?
1) Cereal are rich in proteins, fats, carbohydrates, useful amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
100 grams of Cereals has 342 calories, protein – 12.3 grams; fat – 6.1 gr; carbohydrates – 59.5 gr.
2) Oatmeal saturates you for a long time. The feeling of satiety persists for several hours, which means that losing weight does not feel hungry.
3) It contains the so-called slow carbohydrates, useful for humans. After oatmeal porridge does not pull for sweets.
4) The vitamins contained in oatmeal are involved in the regulation of metabolism, help accelerate metabolism…
5) Oatmeal acts as a brush for the intestines, helps to cleanse the body of toxins, from undigested food debris, which is important when losing weight.
6) Oatmeal helps the body eliminate excess fluids.
In addition to its beneficial properties for weight loss, oatmeal is an extremely useful product that has a beneficial effect on many functions and processes in the body. You can eat it every day.
What Cereals to Choose?
All the benefits of oatmeal are found in the shells of the grains. When the grains are processed, the shell is removed partially or completely. The less the grain has been processed, the more nutrients will remain in it and the longer it will cook.
Oatmeal comes in different forms in stores. Flakes of varying degrees of grinding, cereals from non-crushed cereals, instant flakes, instant oatmeal that does not need to be boiled.
The less the degree of processing of cereals, the more useful and effective oatmeal for weight loss. There is no benefit from quick-cooking flakes and instant porridge (it is suggested to simply fill it with hot water or milk). For weight loss, they will not help.
Uncrushed cereals and coarsely ground flakes will bring a lot of benefits. The beneficial properties of oats are not wasted in them, but preserved. To process large particles of cereal, the body spends more energy – this is at the hand of losing weight. Plus, they really cleanse the intestines.
How to Cook OatMeal Porridge?
In what proportions to cook oatmeal?
Porridge can be cooked with milk or water. The volume of liquid depends on what consistency you want to get:
- For liquid oatmeal, take 3–3.5 parts of liquid for 1 part of cereals or flakes;
- For semi-viscous – the proportion is 1: 2.5;
- For viscous – 1: 2.
- Half a glass of oatmeal or cereal is enough for one serving.
P.S If cooking oatmeal in the morning is a feat for you, do it this evening! Simply pour hot milk or water over the flakes add the rest of the ingredients, cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
Oatmeal will absorb all the liquid overnight, and the porridge will be ready. In the morning, you just have to heat it up in the microwave.
Important To Know
- It is an ideal breakfast product because oatmeal is rich in carbohydrates, and it is better to eat them in the morning.
- Secondly, oatmeal itself is a fairly high-calorie product. If your goal is to lose weight, there is no need to “burden” the dish with the addition of milk, sugar, butter.
- Oatmeal for weight loss is boiled in water or steamed with boiling water (the second method is preferable) – pour it over, cover with a lid and leave for a while until the flakes turn into a soft porridge.
- When losing weight, oatmeal can be supplemented with fresh berries, pieces of fruit, dried fruits and honey. The main thing is not to overdo it with their number.
- Oatmeal can be used for weight loss and other dishes. The flakes can be ground into flour. Oatmeal is the basis for many healthy, low-calorie desserts.
BurnMyFatFast.com main goal is to help you achieve your fitness goals! Be with us!