Useful Benefits of Mate Tea NOT MATCHA TEA
Tea ceremonies are organized not only by the British.
Even in ancient times, Nomads and Indians collected healing leaves and herbs, from which they later brewed drinks that give them strength.
One of them is Mate tea from Paraguayan holly stalks. It contains matein, protein, caffeine, wax and resin.
Mate tea tastes so rich, but many people drink it instead of coffee. But the composition contains elements that are addictive and can negatively affect health. Let’s try to figure out whether this is a drink of the Gods that gives energy, or a forbidden fruit that tempts a person…
There are several ways to drink Mate Tea
The brewing method of Mate tea determines the very name of the resulting drink.
- Cha de mate is dark green and almost oily, like strong coffee is obtained with classic brewing: throw a handful of powder into water and, bringing to a boil, immediately remove the drink from the heat, which is very important, because otherwise the Mate will lose its taste.
- Terere is obtained when a handful of powder is poured with cold water.
- Mate Dolce – sprinkle the powder with sugar, stirring over high heat, then pour this mixture with water and strain. Thus, the drink gets rid of the bitterness.
- Cimarron (Amargo) is not just a brewing method, but a whole ritual…
Benefits of Mate tea
Mate tea helps to calm the nervous system and relieve tension. It contains many vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on the body. For example:
- Copper and phosphorus stimulate memory and thinking, activate attention and fantasy;
- Protein gives energy, so athletes often drink it before training;
- The aroma has a calming effect on the nervous system, relieves anxiety, panic, depression, restless sleep;
- Strengthens the circulatory system and vascular walls;
- Iron in the composition helps to increase the level of hemoglobin, which is useful for anemia;
- Suitable for diabetics, as it does not contain sugar;
- Has a diuretic effect;
- Promotes the removal of excess protein and stones from the kidneys and gallbladder;
- Relieves pain during menstruation;
- Removes toxins from the body;
- Increases potency in men;
- Improves metabolism, promotes weight loss
As you can see, Mate tea is quite versatile, the beneficial properties of the drink make it a good choice not only for removing thirst, but also for improving overall well-being.
“Everything needs to know when to stop,” says a popular proverb. This also applies to this drink. Its consumption should be no more than three cups a day. The fact is that green leaves contain elements that can be addictive, like a drug.
And also, if prepared improperly, tea can become a real poison. If boiled at temperatures up to 100 degrees, it turns into a dangerous carcinogen that can lead to the appearance of malignant tumors (the optimal cooking temperature is 65-80 degrees).
This drink is also forbidden for ulcers, as it contains acids. Strong tea can cause nosebleeds, increase blood pressure and cause angina. It is not recommended to drink the drink for pregnant and lactating women, as well as for children under 3 years old. It is not drunk on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
Therefore, carefully study how to brew Mate tea so that your favorite drink does not turn into a dangerous potion.
The popularity of this drink in the world is growing.
There is more and more serious scientific research on the health benefits of Mate, and, note, in the West, they try to sell mate primarily as a medicinal tea.
For most Latin American countries, mate is an everyday drink, like our tea or coffee.
Support us at Patreon and Get Unique Rewards Here =)
BurnMyFatFast.com main goal is to help you achieve your fitness goals! Be with us!